Thursday 10 March 2011

Loose Buttons - Luxe Box Review

Hi Guys,

For those of you in Canada, and the States, a company started by a graduate from my University, Loose Button (loosebutton.com), started a "Birchbox" like sample service. The jist of it is that you pay about 10 dollar a month, to get 3-5 "deluxe sample" items. Sounds good rite? Wrong. I got my "Limited Edition" Luxe Box, and I could not be more disappointed. The packaging was really pretty, BUT the samples were TINY. Smaller than what Sephora gives out for free, and mostly from brands that I have never heard of, in my life.
I'll show pictures later to prove my case. Ugh, I just feel so SCAMMED :(.

Okay, as promised lol, an update on HOW BAD the "Luxe Box" is.

K. Spoiler alert! If...you don't want to see it, don't scroll down...








TINY TINY PRODUCTS. that's compared to my phone =_=, just as a reference.


It's not just me who thinks these products are TINY right?!

xo Cecilia xo

P.S i'm recently lusting over these GORGEOUS asos heels. Do you think it would be appropriate for work? I'm on coop starting in May :), working in Toronto woot woot.

http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Pearl-Flower-Detail-Lace-Up-High-Shoe/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1424360&SearchQuery=lace%20shoes%20detail&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Nude

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loveeee these shoes!!!! so pretty!!
    also you have a lovely blog! hope we can give each other a follow!!

    Mandy xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. benefit is actually a pretty decent brand, unsure what the other samples are (yeah they're tiny) but think of it this way - you don't have time to get bored of them lol like your writing, keep it up! =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Catalyst Heart

    Yeah, I like Benefit. Too bad I already have the full sized version of the highlighter they sent me =_=''. Its just a disappointment when compared with Birchbox, which is the essentially the same service in US. They actually give out very good samples (the size of those ones that are 100 points at Sephora).

    Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete